Your enamel is uniquely suited to protect your teeth. If you keep it healthy, you can avoid many oral miseries. At Town Dental Group in Mint Hill, we remind patients it’s best to form enamel-healthy habits when you’re young.
With healthy enamel you minimize the risk of cavities. Your teeth will be less likely to chip or crack. You will avoid many causes of tooth stains.
Teach your child to protect their tooth enamel. There are many other health benefits as well.
For Healthy Tooth Enamel, Avoid The Following
- Frequently Eating Sticky Food. Gummy candy, protein bars, and dried fruit can chip teeth.
- Chewing On Hard Foods. For example, unpopped popcorn kernals and pitted fruits.
- Grinding Teeth. If you grind your teeth, discuss it with your dentist. It can cause headaches, tooth damage, and gum recession. An appliance can guard your enamel.
- Drinking Anything Besides Water Frequently. If your teeth are awash in carbonated beverages (sugared or diet), juice, coffee, or sports drinks habitually, your enamel will suffer from the acids and sugar.
- Playing Sports Without a Mouthguard. Sports pose a major risk of tooth damage. Custom-fitted mouthguards from your dentist are more comfortable than the boil-and-bite type.
Contact Town Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):