When everything feels okay with the inner portion of your tooth, you probably don’t think about it at all, but when it’s infected, you probably can’t think about anything else! The inside of your tooth contains a soft tissue called pulp that can become infected and cause extreme discomfort.
The most effective way to treat the infection is through root canal therapy. At Town Dental Group, we provide this valuable treatment to help save your tooth from extraction. If you think you might have an abscessed tooth or tooth infection, call us now.
More About Endodontics
Endodontics is the branch of dentistry concerned with the pulp and tissue in the tooth near the root. When the pulp becomes infected and inflamed, it can be removed to save your tooth and to provide relief from discomfort. Once the pulp is gone, your tooth is still able to thrive because it is still nourished by the other tissue around it.
We offer treatment to provide the care you need when you have an abscessed tooth. You don’t have to deal with a severe tooth infection or other issues that can arise.
Signs You May Need Root Canal Therapy
If you have any of these symptoms, it may be time to look into root canal treatment:
- Extreme tooth infection
- Discolored tooth
- Tooth pain that is heightened while eating
- Swollen gums near tooth pain
- Recurring pimples on the gums
- Sensitivity to hot and cold food and drinks
The Benefits of Receiving Root Canal Therapy
Getting root canal therapy can provide a number of benefits, including these:
- Protect the Tooth from Extraction – Getting rid of the infected pulp can save your tooth from being extracted, which protects the neighboring teeth as well as the jaw.
- Relief from Tooth Pain – After the infected pulp is removed, you can feel comfortable again.
- Better Appearance – Some teeth become discolored when the pulp is infected. A dental crown can provide a natural, improved appearance.
- Fairly Simple – Root canal therapy is actually a fairly simple treatment despite what you may have heard. Dental technology advances have greatly improved the treatment. We also provide anesthesia so you can feel at ease during therapy.
Learn more about root canal therapy and how we can help! Call Town Dental Group today to learn more.