Our team at Town Dental Group knows how to help our patients have a comfortable and pleasant experience. Sometimes a tooth extraction is unavoidable, and we can help your procedure run smoothly.
Do I Need an Extraction?
You might need a tooth removed if:
- Decay has spread deep into the tooth, affecting the root system.
- An infection has eaten away too much of the tooth or the surrounding bone.
- Your mouth doesn’t have room for all your teeth.
- You have an impacted tooth that will cause future dental problems.
Our dentist will take care of the oral health of you and your family. We also have a pediatric dentist for young children who need to visit us!
We will use a localized anesthesia to ensure as much comfort as possible. After your tooth is removed, the dentist will advise you on some follow-up care, including the following:
- Don’t drink through a straw for 24 hours.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco for 48 hours.
- When you feel up to eating again, eat soft foods.
- When you brush your teeth, clean everything except the teeth right around the affected area.
- If you rinse with warm water, make sure you are gentle.
Taking care of yourself is important if you want to avoid complications like dry socket. Sometimes eating foods that are hard to chew or participating in rigorous activity too soon may disturb the still-healing tissue. Dry socket exposes your bone to the air, and causes a lot of discomfort.
If you have any concerns after your procedure, don’t hesitate to call. Our compassionate staff is ready to help.
Are you concerned about having a gap where your tooth was pulled? Our team is experienced in smile restoration, and we provide options like dental bridges and dental crowns.
Call Us Today!
Call us at Town Dental Group today! Whether you are concerned about a tooth extraction or another dental problem, we want you to feel better as soon as possible!