A Fresh Start After Losing A Tooth
Have you had a tooth extracted? If the tooth had been bothering you, it may have been a relief. Unless, of course, it was in the front of your mouth and now the gaping hole shows every time you smile. At Town Dental Group in Mint Hill, we can do something about that with a dental implant.
A dental implant is a permanent replacement for all parts of the tooth. It consists of three parts: the titanium post, the abutment, and the restoration.
The Titanium Post
- Extremely strong
- Inserted directly into the jaw bone
- Titanium is unique in that it bonds with living bone tissue (also used in knee and hip replacement surgery)
- Can be made of gold, porcelain or titanium
- Permanently attached to the post (it will not slip and slide like dentures)
The Restoration (Crown)
- Is made to match the color of surrounding teeth
- Usually made of porcelain fused to a metal alloy (PFM)
- Will look as good or better than the tooth it replaced
Dental implant are state-of-the art in tooth replacement. To find out if they are right for you, call us at Town Dental Group in Mint Hill. We also offer general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment today.